To equip students with cultural, social, moral and spiritual knowledge that will prepare them for life experience. Religious Education contributes dynamically to students’ education by provoking challenging questions about the meaning and purpose of life, belief in God and moral issues about right and wrong.
Our curriculum will equip pupils to describe, explain and analyse beliefs and practices, recognising the diversity that exists within communities and individuals throughout the UK and the world. Students will also develop the skills needed to understand, interpret and evaluate texts and sources of wisdom and authority.
What will my son/daughter learn at Key Stage 3?
- Jewish beliefs and living a Jewish life
- Islamic beliefs and living a Muslim life
- Key Christian beliefs and the teachings and miracles of Jesus
- Key events in the life of Jesus
- Living the Christian life
- The history of the early church
- Religions of India and their key beliefs and practices
- Equality, commitment and actions
- Rites of passage
- Matters of life and death
- Marriage and the family
- Crime and punishment
- The philosophy of religion
Which GCSE specification do we prepare students for?
Edexcel Full Course GCSE
What will my son/daughter learn at Key Stage 4?
Religion and Ethics (Christianity) Paper 1
• Christian beliefs
• Marriage and the family
• Living a Christian life
• Matters of life and death
Peace and Conflict (Islam) Paper 2
• Muslim beliefs
• Crime and punishment
• Living a Muslim life
• Peace and conflict
Are there any websites that will support my son’s/daughter’s learning?
Head of Department: Mrs B. Mosuro