This page contains an overview of the distance learning students should complete to continue their education during this period of closure. Teaching staff are available via Edulink, email and teams to support and will be sending out supporting resources via these routes. If you have more general enquiries e.g. technical difficulties or forgotten log in details then you can contact the school via email@example.com or phone the school office which will be open 9am – 3pm Monday to Friday.
Whilst working from home students should:
• Follow your timetable.
• Complete the lessons provided each day by checking your school email, edulink and Teams.
• Ensure the presentation, quality and quantity is of the same standard as in class (prize for the best books on your return!)
• Complete as much of the work assigned as you can to the best of your ability
• Email each teacher individually if you have a question.
• Submit assignments via Teams or take photographs and email if you can.
Remember some of your teachers teach over 300 students, they will try to reply to your email within 24 hours but it might take 48 hours (2 days) or longer at busy times.
Please be aware that a lot of the programmes are quite slow due to the volume of people working from home!
If we are required to stay at home for a long period of time, make sure that you look after your mental health and wellbeing. It is not good for your mind or body to use your technology ALL DAY – do something different at least once a day
– every day at 9am Joe Wicks the body coach will be doing a live PE session on his youtube channel www.youtube.com/ -Joe Wicks TV)
– go outside for a walk but maintain 2m distance from other people
– do yoga at home (cosmic kids yoga on youtube)
– create some art work
– read a book for at least 20min every day
Please see below:
Distance learning overviews for each year group (updated fortnightly)
Guidance on distance learning
Knowledge organisers (including guidance on how to use them) – https://www.bowerpark.co.uk/curriculum/
LORIC award from home
Staff email addresses
Bower Park Academy Safeguarding Document
Thank you all for your support at this challenging time. We are constantly reviewing this provision and we will do everything we can do support your child’s learning from home.